Huntington Ingalls Industries AMSEC Master Tradesperson 3 in San Diego, California
AMSEC Master Tradesperson 3
114 - AMSEC MMTS - 11402 - C4I SURFACE
External Job Description:
Position Specifics: The selected candidate will perform work as a marine mechanic onboard naval vessels. This individual will be responsible for assembly, installation, and repair of habitability components, decking, and other components as required.
Qualified candidates must possess the following:
• Experience in assembling fabricated material and installing onboard naval vessels.
• Experience using various tools required for shipboard installations.
• Experience in all fastener and US Navy standards on naval vessels.
• Experience in restoring and rebuilding MCT/MCP’s to include opening, packing, closing and testing.
• Experience in NOMAX decking repair.
• Experience in performing ventilation modifications and installations.
• Experience setting up hot work containment areas.
• Experience in paint and lagging onboard naval vessels.
• Ability to travel up to 75% of the time.
• Ability to work overtime as required.
• Must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret Security clearance and base access.
• Interim Secret Clearance required within 150 days of hire.
• Military or Shipyard experience preferred.
Applies comprehensive understanding of production and processes toward completion of assignments. Responsible for interfacing with customers, managing subcontractors and ability to provide work direction to others. Performs a variety of complicated and non routine tasks. Develops and uses technical documents including controlled work packages, formal work processes and procedures, test documents, reports and task or trip reports. Schedules, reports and briefs customers and senior management. Performs duties outside of specialty in order to complete installation or work assignment.
Must be able to lift, carry and transport heavy equipment and boxes. The exact weight requirements will be determined by the specific job, but no less than 30 lbs. Able to work on and climb ladders, work in extreme temperature environments, aboard ships, in shipyards, under industrial conditions and in confined spaces. Able to perform other duties as required which may involve high heat, humidity, noise and dirty conditions, working aloft or over the sides of vessels. May ride ships at sea for extended periods. May require wearing a respirator. Travel may be required within and outside of the continental United States.
Auto req ID:
FSG Master Tradesperson 3 (Mechanic)
HS education or Trade School + 4 years of related experience. Prefer technical/professional certifications. Must provide own hand tools as designated per trades specialty.
Yes, 75% of the time
AMSEC is a subsidiary of Huntington Ingalls Industries (HII). Huntington Ingalls Industries is America’s largest military shipbuilding company and a provider of professional services to partners in government and industry. For more than a century, HII’s Newport News and Ingalls shipbuilding divisions in Virginia and Mississippi have built more ships in more ship classes than any other U.S. naval shipbuilder. HII’s Technical Solutions division provides a wide range of professional services through its Fleet Support, Integrated Missions Solutions, Nuclear and Environmental, and Oil and Gas groups. Headquartered in Newport News, Virginia, HII employs nearly 37,000 people operating both domestically and internationally.
No relocation assistance available
High School Diploma/GED
San Diego-California-United States
US Citizenship Required for this Position:
Equal Opportunity Employer - Veterans/Disabled Welcome. U.S. citizenship required for most positions.