Huntington Ingalls Industries SYSTEMS APPLICATION ANALYST 3 in Newport News, Virginia
SYSTEMS APPLICATION ANALYST 3
T54: Tech Services
External Job Description:
Develops computer systems specifications that address business requirements and that fit with the companys system architecture standards. Establishes and documents system parameters and formats, ensures hardware and software systems compatibility and coordinates and/or modifies system parameters in terms of existing and projected computer capacity and capabilities. Revises existing systems and procedures to correct deficiencies and maintain more effective data handling, conversion, input/output requirements, and storage.
Auto req ID:
Security Application Analyst 3-Splunk
Bachelor’s Degree and 5 years of experience. Master’s Degree and 3 years of experience. Ph.D. and 0 years of experience. 4 years of related exempt experience can be substituted for Bachelor’s degree. 8 years of non-related exempt experience can be substituted for Bachelor’s degree.
NN SHIPBUILDING (0265)
Huntington Ingalls Industries is America’s largest military shipbuilding company and a provider of professional services to partners in government and industry. For more than a century, HII’s Newport News Shipbuilding and Ingalls Shipbuilding divisions in Virginia and Mississippi have built more ships in more ship classes than any other U.S. naval shipbuilder. HII’s Technical Solutions division provides a wide range of professional services through its Fleet Support, Integrated Missions Solutions, Nuclear & Environmental, and Oil & Gas groups. Headquartered in Newport News, Virginia, HII employs nearly 37,000 people operating both domestically and internationally.
Relocation assistance will be available
Newport News-Virginia-United States
US Citizenship Required for this Position:
Equal Opportunity Employer - Veterans/Disabled Welcome. U.S. citizenship required for most positions.
Seeking a candidate who has experience with data analytics, data science, and a strong Linux background.
• High knowledge in data logging application design, implementation, configuration, and maintenance
• High level of proficiency in data logging tools and applications; specifically deploying and integrating Splunk Enterprise version 6.6.3 and newer, preferably in a large multi-domain enterprise environment supporting more than 1,000 servers and 20,000 clients
• High level of proficiency in Splunk Search Processing Language (SPL) commands, filters, search optimization, time modifiers, eval functions, REST API
• High level of proficiency in Splunk dashboard and report design and implementation
• High knowledge in identifying and resolving issues across multiple environments (Linux, Windows, VMware)
• Proficient with Active Directory, DNS and networking, Kerberos, Claims Authentication, Certificate Based Authentication, Internet Information Services, Digital Certificate Management, Role Based Access Control and VMWare virtualization technologies
• Proficient in server design for data logging based applications, and backup and recovery
• High knowledge implementing, patching, and upgrading data logging based applications
• High knowledge in application change management through the various states of the lifecycle
• High knowledge in computer security techniques
• Strong oral and written communications skills
• Excellent customer service skills
• High knowledge with scripting proficiency in Microsoft PowerShell
• Desirable to have Certifications in Splunk Administration and other associated fields of study