Huntington Ingalls Industries PROD PLNG AND SCHEDULER 3 in Newport News, Virginia
PROD PLNG AND SCHEDULER 3
X84: Sub Production Ctrl
External Job Description:
Newport News Shipbuilding a Division of Huntington Ingalls Industries is currently searching for a Production Planning and Scheduler Senior Level 3, to join our Integrated Planning and Production Control (IPPC) division. This position supports Virginia Class Submarines.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Create and manage weekly construction agendas
• Create and manage Incomplete Work List (IWL) reports
• Coordinate and manage principal event (PE) coding of all liabilities with the supply chain
• Produce and manage various program metrics
• Coordinate module shipments between Newport News Shipbuilding (NNS) and Electric Boat (EB)
Plans, prepares, issues and controls production schedules and coordinates with material requirements to ensure a controlled flow of approved materials timed to meet production requirements. Advises management of the status of work in progress, material availability, and potential production problems to ensure that personnel, equipment, materials and services are provided as needed. Schedules equipment and personnel, confirms material supply and demands, prepares work orders or purchase requests for the production or purchase of components or parts based on a master production schedule, shop load and inventory requirements. Coordinates interdepartmental activity with quality assurance, manufacturing, purchasing, engineering, inventory control, traffic, etc.; schedules and expedites the movement of parts by means of move orders, stock transfers and requests for shipping orders.
Auto req ID:
Production Planner and Scheduler 3
Apprentice School graduate, or a Bachelor's degree and 6 years of shipbuilding, related military, manufacturing, or production operations experience
OR 6 years experience as the Prod Plng and Scheduler
OR 6 years of testing/production management experience (e.g. Foreman)
OR 13 years experience in manufacturing, production operations or related military service (inclusive of 4 years supervisory/leadership experience or Planning/Production Control/Naval systems specialized training experience) and possess a well-founded knowledge of production operations, production processes, ship systems, and planning methods and schedules and/or plant maintenance activities.
NN SHIPBUILDING (0265)
Huntington Ingalls Industries is America’s largest military shipbuilding company and a provider of professional services to partners in government and industry. For more than a century, HII’s Newport News Shipbuilding and Ingalls Shipbuilding divisions in Virginia and Mississippi have built more ships in more ship classes than any other U.S. naval shipbuilder. HII’s Technical Solutions division provides a wide range of professional services through its Fleet Support, Integrated Missions Solutions, Nuclear & Environmental, and Oil & Gas groups. Headquartered in Newport News, Virginia, HII employs nearly 37,000 people operating both domestically and internationally.
No relocation assistance available
High School Diploma/GED
Newport News-Virginia-United States
US Citizenship Required for this Position:
Equal Opportunity Employer - Veterans/Disabled Welcome. U.S. citizenship required for most positions.
• Excellent MS Office computer skills and SAP
• Knowledge of ship construction and manufacturing processes, Company operations, and VCS production planning and control methods Excellent oral and written communications skills with the ability to work in a close team environment as a strong team player
• Knowledge of VCS certification processes and EB systems
• Excellent organizational and customer service skills with a strong attention to detail
• Learns quickly, self-motivated, able to resolve complex issues and be very responsive to changing circumstances