Huntington Ingalls Industries PROD PLNG AND SCHEDULER 2 in Newport News, Virginia
PROD PLNG AND SCHEDULER 2
X46: Material Mgmt
External Job Description:
Plans, prepares, issues and controls production schedules and coordinates with material requirements to ensure a controlled flow of approved materials timed to meet production requirements. Advises management of the status of work in progress, material availability, and potential production problems to ensure that personnel, equipment, materials and services are provided as needed. Schedules equipment and personnel, confirms material supply and demands, prepares work orders or purchase requests for the production or purchase of components or parts based on a master production schedule, shop load and inventory requirements. Coordinates interdepartmental activity with quality assurance, manufacturing, purchasing, engineering, inventory control, traffic, etc.; schedules and expedites the movement of parts by means of move orders, stock transfers and requests for shipping orders.
**Specific to Subcontracting:
• Assist the Machine Shop and Foundry with capacity and capability offloads to help maintain shop schedule, cost and performance. Currently 25% of shop demand.
• Manage the vendor base (50+ suppliers) for machining of outsourced material for the machine shop (M53) and Foundry (A572) due to overcapacity or capability. Average outsourced quantity between 25K - 35K parts per year.
• Manage the vendor base (50+ suppliers) for machining of outsourced material for the Machine shop/OA shop and Foundry due to overcapacity or capability. Average outsourced quantity between 25K - 35K parts per year.
• Assist ESHP with capacity and capability offloads to help maintain shop schedule, cost and performance. Currently 25% of shop demand.
• Manage the vendor base (20+ suppliers) for Fabrication of outsourced material for the OA, PH, Painting and Plating due to overcapacity or capability.
• Point of contact for all technical or material issues within vendor base. (50+ suppliers)
• Review/Mitigate risk of drawing revision changes following the award of a purchase orders for sub-contracted items.
• Manage the supply base as needed to assure compliance with cost, quality, and schedule. (Site-Visits)
• Provide monthly reports of sub-contracted items and labor to shop Superintendents and Labor Union.
• Arrange with shop PC for material transportation logistics.
• Internal interface with Shop Superintendents, Directors, Engineers, Program Directors, Production Control Managers and Supply Chain.
• External interfaces include numerous company Presidents, Vice-Presidents, Quality Managers, Sales, Estimating and shop floor Supervisors.
• Work to expand to SFA in the same capacity.**
Auto req ID:
Production Planning and Scheduler Junior Level 2
Bachelor’s Degree and 3 years of experience. Master’s Degree and 1 year of experience. 4 years of related exempt experience can be substituted for Bachelor’s degree. An Apprentice Certificate or graduation from Navy Nuclear Power School can be substituted for Bachelor’s degree.
NN SHIPBUILDING (0265)
Huntington Ingalls Industries is America’s largest military shipbuilding company and a provider of professional services to partners in government and industry. For more than a century, HII’s Newport News Shipbuilding and Ingalls Shipbuilding divisions in Virginia and Mississippi have built more ships in more ship classes than any other U.S. naval shipbuilder. HII’s Technical Solutions division provides a wide range of professional services through its Fleet Support, Integrated Missions Solutions, Nuclear & Environmental, and Oil & Gas groups. Headquartered in Newport News, Virginia, HII employs nearly 37,000 people operating both domestically and internationally.
No relocation assistance available
High School Diploma/GED
Newport News-Virginia-United States
US Citizenship Required for this Position:
Equal Opportunity Employer - Veterans/Disabled Welcome. U.S. citizenship required for most positions.
Exposure to network scheduling techniques is highly preferred.