Huntington Ingalls Industries MGR IT SYSTEMS ENGINEER 3 in Newport News, Virginia
MGR IT SYSTEMS ENGINEER 3
T53: Digital Transformati
External Job Description:
About the role:
This strategic role is to work with a company’s senior leadership team to drive strategic initiatives that will transform our operations as well as grow the business by delivering solutions that leverage advanced technologies for digital manufacturing and smart cities.
You will be responsible for overall development and delivery of IT’s digital capabilities required to support business growth and provide a competitive advantage through the use of technology to the organization. You will also be responsible for the success of the technology incubation lab which would identify, evaluate and manage technology innovation initiatives. You will build and motivate high performing teams while working with other leaders to enhance delivery processes leveraging agile, devops, etc.
Auto req ID:
Manager, IT Systems Engineer 3 (Head Digital Technology)
Bachelors degree in a relevant discipline or the equivalent in education, training and experience, plus a minimum of 8 years of applicable, progressive professional and/or supervisory work experience.
NN SHIPBUILDING (0265)
Yes, 25% of the time
Huntington Ingalls Industries is America’s largest military shipbuilding company and a provider of professional services to partners in government and industry. For more than a century, HII’s Newport News Shipbuilding and Ingalls Shipbuilding divisions in Virginia and Mississippi have built more ships in more ship classes than any other U.S. naval shipbuilder. HII’s Technical Solutions division provides a wide range of professional services through its Fleet Support, Integrated Missions Solutions, Nuclear & Environmental, and Oil & Gas groups. Headquartered in Newport News, Virginia, HII employs nearly 37,000 people operating both domestically and internationally.
Relocation assistance will be available
Newport News-Virginia-United States
US Citizenship Required for this Position:
Equal Opportunity Employer - Veterans/Disabled Welcome. U.S. citizenship required for most positions.
Prior technical senior roles and/or supervisory/management experience required
• Bring in best practices for Agile development and setup DevOps capabilities to automate and orchestrate development
• Work with the business teams to design and develop next generation solutions and user experiences.
• Leadership experience in digital strategy deployment and use of automation in operations
• Demonstrated ability to develop and apply information-driven analytic approaches to solve critical business questions in a practical manner with tangible results
• Adept at advanced technologies areas such as Advanced Analytics, Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning, Blockchain, Robotics Process Automation, Augmented/Assited/Virtual Reality and Internet of Things that are strategic to our business.
• Ability to integrate with new technologies like Advanced Analytics and Datascience (AI/ML, cognitive, TensorFlow, etc.) to create seamless user experiences
• Keep an active pulse on innovation trends and potential market disruptors in the industry.
• Oversee the build of cloud native mobile solutions with the ability to utilizing offerings from AWS, Google and Azure to enable rapid experimentation at scale for the benefit of the organization.
• Experience in building microservices, including strong knowledge in design and architectural patterns, drive stateless service capabilities and implement containerization
• Experience in implementing automated testing platforms and unit tests
• Working knowledge of distributed data technologies (e.g. Spark, Hadoop, MongoDB etc.)
• Good understanding of source control tools such as Git
• Strong analytical skills and analytical thinking accompanied with sound decision-making.
• Excellent problem solving and delegation skills.
• Demonstrated effective leadership skills.
• Strong Communication & collaboration skills
• Comfortable working at all levels of management