Huntington Ingalls Industries FSG Logistics Support 3 in Newport News, Virginia
FSG Logistics Support 3
131 - AMSEC LETTS - 13101 - NEW CONST CARRIER PROGRAMS
External Job Description:
High School and 4 years additional education or 4 years relevant experience.
Candidate must have the following to qualify for this position:
• Knowledge of or able to learn engineering drawing/data reading practices
• Able to learn to identify wearable and replaceable components, assemblies, sub-assemblies and piece parts comprising the equipment and material presented in these drawings
• Four years’ experience in the operation/maintenance of hull, mechanical, electrical, or electronic shipboard systems/equipment or four years’ experience with the Naval Supply System.
• Computer-literate with e-mail, word processing, spread sheets, databases and presentation graphics, comfortable and proficient at computer terminals entering and manipulating data.
• Ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical personnel on a continuing basis, able to communicate technical concepts effectively and express (oral/written) ideas clearly and concisely.
Perform logistic technical analysis of shipboard (marine) equipment – developing Provisioning Technical Documentation (PTD) which will be used to develop Allowance Parts Lists (APL), Allowance Equipage Lists (AEL) and other allowance documentation.
Provides support to the logistics function preparing logistics documentation to establish the range and depth of spares, tools, test equipment and related manuals to be deployed and stocked. Determines maintenance and repair materials required for deployment. Modifies maintenance records such as repair standards for more complex equipment or components. Develops requisitions for and manages records of equipment, components, repair parts and related manuals; tracks logistics materials and parts for proper allocation of storage facilities; reviews configuration changes to evaluate impact on logistics deployment; documents equipment, component and parts conditions; and identifies logistic support documentation to be included such as drawings, technical manuals, and maintenance requirement cards to support life-cycle of product.
Must be able to work in a shipboard environment. Must be able to lift, carry, transport heavy equipment and climb ladders.
• One year experience as repair parts petty officer.
• Navy “C” school graduate
• Familiar with stock control, material identification, and controlled equipage.
• Experience with parts screening databases (HAYSTACK, FEDLOG, GDAPL).
Auto req ID:
FSG Logistics Support 3
High School and 4 years additional education or 4 years relevant experience
Huntington Ingalls Industries is America’s largest military shipbuilding company and a provider of professional services to partners in government and industry. For more than a century, HII’s Newport News Shipbuilding and Ingalls Shipbuilding divisions in Virginia and Mississippi have built more ships in more ship classes than any other U.S. naval shipbuilder. HII’s Technical Solutions division provides a wide range of professional services through its Fleet Support, Integrated Missions Solutions, Nuclear & Environmental, and Oil & Gas groups. Headquartered in Newport News, Virginia, HII employs nearly 37,000 people operating both domestically and internationally.
No relocation assistance available
High School Diploma/GED
Newport News-Virginia-United States
US Citizenship Required for this Position:
Equal Opportunity Employer - Veterans/Disabled Welcome. U.S. citizenship required for most positions.