Huntington Ingalls Industries ENGINEER SYSTEMS 2 in Newport News, Virginia
ENGINEER SYSTEMS 2
E47: Systems Engineering
External Job Description:
Would you like to be at the forefront of the Newport News Shipbuilding digital transformation? Would you like to play a critical role in the construction and overhaul of nuclear-powered aircraft carriers and submarines? Do you appreciate the transformative powers of collaboration and increased agility in delivering business value? If you can answer these questions with an enthusiastic yes, do we have the opportunity for you!
Core responsibility is centered on supporting a software development project known as the Integrated Product Development Environment (IPDE) that will provide a \"Data Exchange\" of drawings and 3D product models from EB's NX Teamcenter environment. NNS IPDE supports VIRGINIA, COLUMBIA, and future submarine programs.
Specific skillset consists of:
• General understanding of the working relationship between NNS, EB, and NAVSEA; and the willingness to work collaboratively and professionally with internal and external stakeholders
• The ability to understand and learn high-level Submarine Construction requirements including basic Engineering and Planning processes, Ship Construction Need Dates, and development of work instructions
• The ability to understand and learn IT related subject matter including general knowledge of model-based products, visual work instructions (VWIs), NX/Teamcenter, and SAP
• The ability to take notes and help translate detailed information into executive-level summaries
• Working-level knowledge using MS products (PowerPoint, Excel, Word, and SharePoint) to produce roadmaps/fishbone diagrams, project plans, action items, presentations, and project metrics (risks, labor resource plans, budgets, spending, etc.)
Performs technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk, and supportability and effectiveness analyses for total systems. Analyses are performed at all levels of total system product to include: concept, design, fabrication, test, installation, operation, maintenance and disposal. Ensures the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints. Performs functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications.
Auto req ID:
IDS Systems Engineer - Junior Level 2
2 Years with Bachelors in a related field; 0 Years with Masters.
NNS requires an ABET accredited engineering degree.
NN SHIPBUILDING (0265)
Huntington Ingalls Industries is America’s largest military shipbuilding company and a provider of professional services to partners in government and industry. For more than a century, HII’s Newport News Shipbuilding and Ingalls Shipbuilding divisions in Virginia and Mississippi have built more ships in more ship classes than any other U.S. naval shipbuilder. HII’s Technical Solutions division provides a wide range of professional services through its Fleet Support, Integrated Missions Solutions, Nuclear & Environmental, and Oil & Gas groups. Headquartered in Newport News, Virginia, HII employs nearly 37,000 people operating both domestically and internationally.
No relocation assistance available
Newport News-Virginia-United States
US Citizenship Required for this Position:
Equal Opportunity Employer - Veterans/Disabled Welcome. U.S. citizenship required for most positions.
Candidate does not need to possess 100% of the desired skillset, but is expected to have a positive and learning attitude plus the desire to engage in the Company's objective to move towards an integrated digital shipbuilding environment.