Huntington Ingalls Industries AMSEC Systems Administrator 3 in Newport News, Virginia
AMSEC Systems Administrator 3
135 - AMSEC LETTS - 13504 - SYSTEMS INTEGR & CYBER SOLUT
External Job Description:
- Must be able to work 3rd shift
• Ability to quickly learn new tools, methods and processes.
• Ability to analyze information, notice details, put the puzzle pieces together and see outliers
• Ability to work as a team, communicate and share knowledge with coworkers.
• Ability to document steps taken findings, processes and
• Comfortable using windows and Linux command line tools
• Comfortable analyzing PCAP network traffic
• General understanding of common network protocols.
• General understanding of common cyber security tools such as IDS, NetFlow, Firewalls, and Endpoint security suites.
• General understanding of common cyber security concepts
Tasking to include:
• Daily monitor real time and respond to all cyber security events, alerts and consoles.
• Investigate events by analyzing raw network traffic (PCAP), event logs and other corollary information as needed to determine severity of the event
• Answer phone, create tickets, investigate events of interest, escalate significant events as needed to next level
• Monitor spam email inbox and analyze emails for threats
• Daily hand off and exchange of information between shifts
Maintains smooth operation of multi-user computer systems, including coordination with network administrators. Duties may include setting up administrator and service accounts, maintaining system documentation, tuning system performance, installing system wide software and allocate mass storage space. Interacts with users and evaluates vendor products. Makes recommendations to purchase hardware and software, coordinates installation and provides backup recovery. Develops and monitors policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources.
Adequate visual acuity and manual dexterity for meeting the requirements of the Systems Analyst discipline.
Auto req ID:
AMSEC Systems Administrator 3 (Cybersecurity)
6 Years relevant experience with Bachelors; 4 Years relevant experience with Masters; An additional 4 years of specific job experience with a HS diploma may be substituted for the Bachelor's degree requirement for this job. This experience is in addition to the relevant years of experience listed with the job's education requirements. Example: If this job required a Bachelor's degree + 5 years relevant experience the equivalency would equal HS diploma + 9 years job related experience.
AMSEC is a subsidiary of Huntington Ingalls Industries (HII). Huntington Ingalls Industries is America’s largest military shipbuilding company and a provider of professional services to partners in government and industry. For more than a century, HII’s Newport News and Ingalls shipbuilding divisions in Virginia and Mississippi have built more ships in more ship classes than any other U.S. naval shipbuilder. HII’s Technical Solutions division provides a wide range of professional services through its Fleet Support, Integrated Missions Solutions, Nuclear and Environmental, and Oil and Gas groups. Headquartered in Newport News, Virginia, HII employs nearly 37,000 people operating both domestically and internationally.
No relocation assistance available
High School Diploma/GED
Newport News-Virginia-United States
US Citizenship Required for this Position:
Equal Opportunity Employer - Veterans/Disabled Welcome. U.S. citizenship required for most positions.