Huntington Ingalls Industries AMSEC Logistics Support 2 in Newport News, Virginia
AMSEC Logistics Support 2
135 - AMSEC LETTS - 13500 - ITTDMS SOLUTIONS DIVISION
External Job Description:
Candidate must have the following experience:
• Providing and completing customer service requests.
• Assisting Management by researching information and providing support for process improvements.
• A good understanding of tech manuals / drawings and the different types of changes for drawings, known as TVD.
• Knowledge of database entry to maintain information on product changes.
• A good understanding of inventory management in order to maintain current items and new items as they are developed.
• Knowledge of changes/revisions to technical manuals and ability to insert them into an existing manual.
• Good oral and written communication skills with the ability to work as a member of a team to accomplish tasks.
• Good organization skills are required.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite. Specifically in Excel, PowerPoint and Word documents.
Must be able to work as a team player in an office/warehouse environment.
Must be able to work in a shipboard environment. Must be able to lift, carry, transport heavy equipment and climb ladders.
Provides support to the logistics function preparing logistics documentation within the Digital Product Management Activity (DPMA). Candidate with provide submarine data environment logistics support. Provides support to the logistics function preparing logistics documentation to establish the range and depth of spares, tools, test equipment and related manuals to be deployed and stocked. Determines maintenance and repair materials required for deployment. Modifies maintenance records such as repair standards for more complex equipment or components. Develops requisitions for and manages records of equipment, components, repair parts and related manuals; tracks logistics materials and parts for proper allocation of storage facilities; reviews configuration changes to evaluate impact on logistics deployment; documents equipment, component and parts conditions; and identifies logistic support documentation to be included such as drawings, technical manuals, and maintenance requirement cards to support life-cycle of product.
Auto req ID:
AMSEC Logistics Support 2
High School and 2 years additional education or 2 years relevant experience.
Yes, 25% of the time
AMSEC is a subsidiary of Huntington Ingalls Industries (HII). Huntington Ingalls Industries is America’s largest military shipbuilding company and a provider of professional services to partners in government and industry. For more than a century, HII’s Newport News and Ingalls shipbuilding divisions in Virginia and Mississippi have built more ships in more ship classes than any other U.S. naval shipbuilder. HII’s Technical Solutions division provides a wide range of professional services through its Fleet Support, Integrated Missions Solutions, Nuclear and Environmental, and Oil and Gas groups. Headquartered in Newport News, Virginia, HII employs nearly 37,000 people operating both domestically and internationally.
No relocation assistance available
High School Diploma/GED
Newport News-Virginia-United States
US Citizenship Required for this Position:
Equal Opportunity Employer - Veterans/Disabled Welcome. U.S. citizenship required for most positions.