Huntington Ingalls Industries AMSEC Logistics Support 2 in Bremerton, Washington
AMSEC Logistics Support 2
114 - AMSEC MMTS - 11400 - SYST INTEGRATION PMO
External Job Description:
Position Specifics: Supports on-site task managers and leads in all logistics requirements for submarine and surface ship installations. Responsible for processing orders, receiving, shipping, delivery, pick ups, and controlling MSDSs and hazmat. Will control material and tools for task including inventory, issuing, and database entry.
The following is required for this position:
• Understanding/knowledge of shipping and receiving of material and supplies and well as Government Furnished Material and Customer acquired material.
• Knowledge of Government and Contractor Acquired Material as it relates to inventory, issue and storage.
• Experience in planning, drawing material kitting and preparation for installation tasking.
• Understanding of how hazmat items are stored, shipped, disposed of and handled in shipboard environment.
• The ability to lift up to 50lbs
• The ability to travel up to 0-100% of the time.
• Must possess an active Secret security clearance.
• Must be able to maintain a Secret Clearance and base credentials.
• Strong computer skills, including demonstrable experience with data entry, Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook.
The ideal candidate will possess the following preferred qualifications:
• Knowledge of tools as they relate to inventory, issue and storage as well as Maintenance.
• Experience with DLA system and DRMO processing systems.
Provides support to the logistics function preparing logistics documentation to establish the range and depth of spares, tools, test equipment and related manuals to be deployed and stocked. Determines maintenance and repair materials required for deployment. Modifies maintenance records such as repair standards for more complex equipment or components. Develops requisitions for and manages records of equipment, components, repair parts and related manuals; tracks logistics materials and parts for proper allocation of storage facilities; reviews configuration changes to evaluate impact on logistics deployment; documents equipment, component and parts conditions; and identifies logistic support documentation to be included such as drawings, technical manuals, and maintenance requirement cards to support life-cycle of product.
Must be able to work in a shipboard environment. Must be able to lift, carry, transport heavy equipment and climb ladders.
Auto req ID:
AMSEC Logistics Support 2
High School and 2 years additional education or 2 years relevant experience.
Yes, 75% of the time
AMSEC is a subsidiary of Huntington Ingalls Industries (HII). Huntington Ingalls Industries is America’s largest military shipbuilding company and a provider of professional services to partners in government and industry. For more than a century, HII’s Newport News and Ingalls shipbuilding divisions in Virginia and Mississippi have built more ships in more ship classes than any other U.S. naval shipbuilder. HII’s Technical Solutions division provides a wide range of professional services through its Fleet Support, Integrated Missions Solutions, Nuclear and Environmental, and Oil and Gas groups. Headquartered in Newport News, Virginia, HII employs nearly 37,000 people operating both domestically and internationally.
No relocation assistance available
High School Diploma/GED
US Citizenship Required for this Position:
Equal Opportunity Employer - Veterans/Disabled Welcome. U.S. citizenship required for most positions.