Huntington Ingalls Industries AMSEC Engineer Systems 4 in Virginia Beach, Virginia
AMSEC Engineer Systems 4
113 - AMSEC MMTS - 11300 - SURFACE PMO
External Job Description:
This position requires a TOP SECRET clearance.
Candidate must have at least an Associate Degree in Computer Science, Electronics Technology or a graduate of U.S. Navy Electronics or (STG/OTM/ST) “C” school. The candidate will have course work/experience in the maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair of VME computers, digital computers, microprocessors or peripheral/interface equipment, communications system, navigation system and/or sonar system. Candidate should have at least ten (10) years of practical hands-on experience in the maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair of VME computers, digital computers, microprocessors or peripheral/interface equipment, communications system, navigation system and/or sonar system.
Ideal candidate desired to have experience with following:
• Hands on experience with FDS-1 and SD-C Cable systems (shore and sea), Lightweight Underwater Sensor Components (LUSC), SD-C power separation and current protection equipment, IUSS Acoustic Data Processor Subsystems, IUSS Communications systems and Integrated Operations Systems Command (IOSC) language.
• Hands on experience in Integrated Undersea Surveillance Systems equipment maintenance and repair.
• Hands on experience with U.S. Navy’s, Maintenance Material Management (3-M) system and have a 3-M qualification.
• Experience with or knowledge of underwater cable fault isolation practices and procedures.
• Experience with or knowledge of classified material regulations, handling procedures, physical security measures, and emergency destruction procedures.
• Ability to operate, administrate and test LANs, WANs, ATM switching networks, UNIX, LINUX, and Solaris operating systems.
• Ability to read and interpret technical manuals and drawings.
• Ability to consolidate the findings of others, evaluates recommendations and facts, and prepares specifications.
• Perform review and evaluation techniques.
• Perform organizational planning and project management techniques.
• Ability to coordinate with multiple agencies to facilitate maintenance evolutions.
• Knowledge of Electronic Key Management System (EKMS)/Cryptographic Material, practices and administration in support of local element procedures.
Performs technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk, and supportability and effectiveness analyses for total systems. Analyses are performed at all levels of total system product to include: concept, design, fabrication, test, installation, operation, maintenance and disposal. Ensures the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints. Performs functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications.
Physical Requirements: Office, industrial, or shipboard environment. Capable of climbing ladders and tolerating confined spaces and extreme temperature variances. Lifting and moving materials may be required.
Auto req ID:
AMSEC Engineer Systems 4
9 Years relevant experience with Bachelors; 7 Years relevant experience with Masters; An additional 4 years of specific job experience with a HS diploma may be substituted for the Bachelor-s degree requirement for this job. This experience is in addition to the relevant years of experience listed with the job-s education requirements. Example: If this job required a Bachelor-s degree + 5 years relevant experience the equivalency would equal HS diploma + 9 years job related experience.
Yes, 25% of the time
AMSEC is a subsidiary of Huntington Ingalls Industries (HII). Huntington Ingalls Industries is America’s largest military shipbuilding company and a provider of professional services to partners in government and industry. For more than a century, HII’s Newport News and Ingalls shipbuilding divisions in Virginia and Mississippi have built more ships in more ship classes than any other U.S. naval shipbuilder. HII’s Technical Solutions division provides a wide range of professional services through its Fleet Support, Integrated Missions Solutions, Nuclear and Environmental, and Oil and Gas groups. Headquartered in Newport News, Virginia, HII employs nearly 37,000 people operating both domestically and internationally.
No relocation assistance available
High School Diploma/GED
Virginia Beach-Virginia-United States
US Citizenship Required for this Position:
Equal Opportunity Employer - Veterans/Disabled Welcome. U.S. citizenship required for most positions.