Huntington Ingalls Industries ENGINEER FACILITIES 1 in Newport News, Virginia
ENGINEER FACILITIES 1
O41: Plant Engineering
External Job Description:
This position functions as a project manager/engineer overseeing the planning, design, procurement, construction/execution, commissioning and close out of office and warehouse facilities projects. Projects may include but not be limited to office renovations, furniture reconfigurations, and new construction of office buildings and warehouse facilities. The position requires coordination of multiple technical functions, trade support, contractors/vendors, finance, and business management.
Additional areas of responsibility include and are not limited to:
• Reviews and estimates design costs including equipment, installation, labor, materials, preparation, and other related costs. Inspects or directs the inspection of construction and installation progress to ensure conformance to established drawings, specifications, and schedules.
• Responsibilities will include directing work assignments of engineering service providers and contractors to design and construct shipyard facilities in a safe manner for production use.
• Strong communication, organizational and computer skills are essential.
• Ability to be a part of cross-functional teams in accomplishment of complex tasks is required.
• Ability to address technical, quality and business aspects of a project is essential.
• Ability to complete assigned tasks on schedule and within budget is a must
Plans, designs and oversees the reconfiguration, maintenance, and alteration of equipment, machinery, buildings, structures, and other facilities. Gathers and reviews data concerning facility or equipment specifications, company or government restrictions, required completion date, and construction feasibility. Coordinates with architecture/engineering firms in developing design criteria and preparing layout and detail drawings. Prepares bid sheets and contracts for construction and facilities acquisition. Reviews and estimates design costs including equipment, installation, labor, materials, preparation, and other related costs. Inspects or directs the inspection of construction and installation progress to ensure conformance to established drawings, specifications, and schedules.
Auto req ID:
ENGINEER FACILITIES 1 - Architectural
0 Years with Bachelors in Science. ABET Accredited engineering degree is required.
NN SHIPBUILDING (0265)
Huntington Ingalls Industries is America’s largest military shipbuilding company and a provider of professional services to partners in government and industry. For more than a century, HII’s Newport News and Ingalls shipbuilding divisions in Virginia and Mississippi have built more ships in more ship classes than any other U.S. naval shipbuilder. HII’s Technical Solutions division provides a wide range of professional services through its Fleet Support, Integrated Missions Solutions, Nuclear and Environmental, and Oil and Gas groups. Headquartered in Newport News, Virginia, HII employs nearly 37,000 people operating both domestically and internationally.
Relocation assistance will be available
Newport News-Virginia-United States
US Citizenship Required for this Position:
Equal Opportunity Employer - Veterans/Disabled Welcome. U.S. citizenship required for most positions.
• Architecture, Architectural, Electrical, Structural or Mechanical Engineering degree preferred.
• Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) is preferred.